How do I prepare?
- Shave the whole front of your scrotum – from the base of your penis to the bottom of the sack. Electric shavers can be dangerous! A simple razor works best.
- Have the following ready at home:
- Acetaminophen 500mg or Ibuprofen 400mg (No Aspirin)
- Cold pack*
- Books, movies (to keep you on the couch)
- Snug underwear or an athletic support* to keep you comfortable when you start to walk around.
* Available at the clinic for a fee.
AfterRight after the procedure (Day 1)
- Take an adult dose of acetaminophen or ibuprofen as soon as you get home, and repeat as directed until bedtime.
- Place a cold pack on the front of your scrotum – alternating 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off – until bedtime.
- Relax. Sit or lie down. Read, watch TV…
- Remove the gauze on day 2.
- If you’ve had skin glue you can shower anytime – if not, wait 48 hours after the procedure.
- No hot tubs or baths for 7 days.
- No ejaculations for about 7 days.
Use the instructions on your requisition, and bring the sample and requisition to Flowlabs Kingston:
Kingston General Hospital, 76 Stuart Street, Kidd 5.If you live outside of Kingston, you can use the same requisition at any Lifelabs. Check www.lifelabs.com or call them at 1-877-849-3637 to find a lab near you. Call or text me
- If you feel a lump larger than an almond that is really sore.
- If your pain is increasing in spite of rest, ice, and ibuprofen.
- If you have any other questions or concerns.
Mobile 613-888-1867 (leave a message if I don’t pick up)